EdScale is thankful for the opportunity to partner with leaders and teachers turning around schools in Baltimore. We are humbled to be “the lone consultant hired by The 100% Project” according to the article.
In addition, the article includes our favorite description of an implementation progress meeting: “The schools’ instructional leadership team meetings—teacher leaders from different grade levels and subject areas—make the Joint Chiefs of Staff look like amateurs.”
Specifically, EdScale supported The 100% Project schools to:
• Develop, facilitate, and lead twice a year retreats to reflect on progress and plan
• Establish school plans with shared goals and strategies, school-specific goals and strategies, student-focused progress metrics, and clear milestones for implementation
• Facilitate regular progress monitoring meetings at each school
• Facilitate learning walks every 2-3 weeks with Principals, focused on strategic plan implementation areas for insight/feedback
• Provide advice and feedback to The 100% Project leadership