(position expected to close on 5/8 or 5/9)
Education Analyst, reporting to EdScale Founder
Part-time contractual role, through June 2024 (and beyond)
Estimated at 15 hours/week
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
EdScale is searching for an analyst to partner directly with the Founder and Principal Consultant, generally “behind the scenes.” The ideal candidate enjoys working remotely and independently, values iteration and collaboration, can execute with direction, is a strong and efficient communicator, and is committed to equity and better results in education.
This is an existing role. The current team member is going to medical school in July.
- Develops and manages project plans and action steps
- Normalizes, analyzes, and interprets Excel data at the student, school, and/or district levels
- Designs workshop and training “lesson plans” along with PowerPoint slides for adults
- Drafts memos and other materials synthesizing inputs from workshops, trainings, retreats, progress meetings, focus groups, research, etc.
- K12 education experience: as teacher, aide, student teacher, camp counselor, etc.
- Written and oral communication skills: structure clear communications, lessons plans, and powerpoints
- Excel analytical skills: conduct intermediate-level analyses
- Critical thinking: synthesize ideas and content to produce first drafts of client deliverables
- Entrepreneurial spirit: take on tasks with minimal direction, asking for clarity early and often, but creating products with pride as if it were your own business
- Positive, forward-looking attitude: always seeking solutions from a given starting point
- Desire to learn and grow from feedback: through a multi-iterative process
Analyst rate ranges from $50 to $75 per hour estimated at 15 hours per week (15 hours a week starting in August; potential for up to 5 hours per week in May-July) that will fluctuate slightly based on the project needs and candidate performance. Role is contractual and through June 2024, with potential to extend. Must be available and have regular working hours during Monday-Friday EST.